change in weather

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Randy, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Randy

Randy LawnSite Member

:rolleyes: I was just wandering what you all thought of the change in the weather in the northeast. To me it is a bet cool so early in the fall season. Also are you starting to pick up leaves or just mowing them up. I'm just mulching them up with the the mower for now. I have also seen the growth of the grass slow way down too. It has been dry here for the two to three weeks, but we got some nice rain this week. Boy I hate to see the summer end. It has been a good year. But it is time I gus to think of plowing snow. I was just wondering what you all thought of the weather? Randy

2. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I hate this cold weather, I'd rather be hot. We had a good rain a couple of days ago, but the grass still looks like it's going dormant.
    Not too many leaves are falling yet.

3. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Forgot how much I hate the cold until I went outside today.
    The lawns are really slowing down. Total cuts for 2001 are WAY down. All I can say is I hope I can recoup the losses with lots of plowing!

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

About time to raise your mowers, to get as much faster growth and longer season out of it as possible. Fortunately, my grass is still growing at a pretty good rate. I'm just now hitting them with 24-5-11, so this should help immensely for awhile too.

5. the point man

the point man LawnSite Member

Randy, it was 38 degrees F in western NY this morning. Don't
    like it. Going to let the dog sh** in the house unless it warms
    up soon. Actually mowed a lawn in the almost freezing rain
    today but the rest will have to wait. Nice weather forecast here
    toward the end of the week. I go to Florida and tend bar in
    the winter so I have no plowing to look forward to (thank God).

6. the point man

the point man LawnSite Member

Runner...

I wish sometimes that I was sneakier ... what a great idea!
    Never would have thought of it.

7. Randy

Randy LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replys I did raise my deck but it's just so dry. I raised it back when it started to get dry hoping that would help but not as of yet. But not to weary my phone well be ringing off the stand soon with people needing me to gether there leaves up. Plus we will have an indian summer next mouth too so life is good.;)

8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Change in weather... One of the main things that made us move from OH to FL. I feel for you guys up north because I've been there and did that for most of my life.