1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

change to Mobil 1

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Bella Landscaping, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Bella Landscaping

Bella Landscaping LawnSite Member

I was wondering if it was a good idea to change over to Mobil 1 from hydraulic oil in my Toro Z-325. I removed the cooler that came with it because it blocks the cooling of the engine.The mower has seen 2 new engines in 525 hours.I noticed that Toro has removed there cooler, and figured they were tired of buying people new engines.The oil that I am currently using is ISO46.Thanks for any input.
  2. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

I thought that most toro hydro systems call for mobil 1.....
  3. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

I know Mobil 1 can run at much hotter temperatures without breaking down than regular oils.

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag used to tell you to out non detergent 30 weight in the hydro systems. If Mobil 1 has detergents in it, you don't want to run it in a hydro system for the same rreasons you use power sterring fluid, and not ATF in your power steering pumps. The detergents will wear the pump and motors prematurely, and you will be replacing them sooner than you had anticipated. So, look and see what is in it before you use it.