1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

changeing the hydro oil and filter?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by timmac, Feb 21, 2008.

1. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

how much should this cost at the dealer? I would like to try but don't know how. any help? mower is an 05 hustler super z
  2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

How many hours you have on machine.:waving:
  3. timmac

300. it was changed at about 175 hours.
  4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't the owner's manual provide instructions for this routine maintenance procedure? I would be surprised if it does not.
  5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Most in my area sent winterdiscount cards around $175 gets your mower washed,all fliids and filters changed and sharpened blades. You can do it your self for about $70 including oil and filters all at napa
  6. LostMtnPower

LostMtnPower LawnSite Member

I would strongly advise you not to try and change your hydros yourself. It is a process where you have to manually empty it all out and everything. We charge 89.95 plus parts (oil and filter). Definatly not something that you would want to try unless you knew exactly what you were doing.
  7. timmac

dealer is going to charge 80.00 for everything. taking it in tomorrow morning.
  8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

What is so difficult about emtying the oil, unscrewing the filter, filling the new filter all the way up w/ oil(letting it soak in), and filling the mower up w/ oil. How difficult can it be? I just changed the hydro oil on all 3 of my TT.