changes in 2008

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bobcatnj, Dec 11, 2007.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

what changes do you plan for 2008? i plan to change my wording on some points on my maintenance contract, especially for the leaves, as this year went into december. usually i give a fall cleanup price which i make out good with and we clean the leaves up every visit, usually until the end of nov, but this year we are into december. so i made out ok with the leaves but not like in the past. so my plan is to reword that part of the contract.

2. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

Dump the low ball late paying customers!

3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope to add 15 weekly accounts. get rid of the ones I don't want anymore (biweekly). And hope it rains every 5th day or so.

4. tierralawn

tierralawn LawnSite Member

raise the prices, cut the volume

5. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

I want to find one good employee that is legal, has a driver's license, has experience pulling a trailer, and can do lawn and landscape work without me having to hold his/her hand all day. Then I could actually grow and add many new accounts by having much of the work load shifted away from me. Wishful thinking.
    I want to focus a little more on landscaping in 2008 also. That is where the profit is. But in the summer, I am too deep in grass to do any landscape installs.

6. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

08 i hope to get off my a$$ , and do what i say and think i'm going to do. get more accounts and do a better job on the ones we have now .hopefully pull a profit and get my name out their more and GROW................................

7. Greatdane522003

Greatdane522003 LawnSite Member

Don't drink :drinkup:during the work week!:drinkup: