changes in web site...

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ken gustafson, Mar 16, 2008.

1. ken gustafson

ken gustafson Inactive

I have a website and have had it for almost 9 years. Several individuals have made the statement that it is not clear enough but not telling me what needs to be changed....so I am asking...what changes do you see that I can suggest to my people ....to change?
    My website..... www.trailerlocksonline.com I can really use the help but my knowledge is very limited in anything computer. Ken

2. NeilsWeb

NeilsWeb LawnSite Member

What is the main purpose of your site? For example, is it to get leads, generate sales, provide information, etc...?

Once you answer this I'll try and make some suggestions.

3. ken gustafson

ken gustafson Inactive

Almost everything is done on this site....I have hired a sales manager but that will take time. So sales.... showing the products and how they work..giving people a chance to ask questions...just everything is done on site now. But within Lawnsite membership I am getting negative feedback...noise is distracting can't find products in view on first page...just everything is not to eye appealing and I am one that is way to close to what is happening to make suggestions. I have a very minimum knowledge of computers...so I am going to have to find someone to make changes but I need to have some knowledge of what it is that needs to be changed....I live in a county that has only 36,000 people..biggest town is 4,000 people so everything is a dog fight. The people I talk with have some knowledge of computers and how to setup some of the things you see on the site now but have no sales experience and know nothing about trailer locks.
    So...it's just trial and error... Ken

4. ken gustafson

ken gustafson Inactive

I did my best to explain...what is needed or specifically what more information can I supply? Ken

5. B & B Yardscape

B & B Yardscape LawnSite Member

I went through your site and for the first time since I started reviewing web sites, I can say I didn't find anything wrong. My only comment would be that PayPal opened a new window. Nice product to.

It loaded fast, even with dial up. The sound worked fine if I gave it time to load.

Over all, NICE Site :drinkup:

6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I like the site, it loaded really fast for me too. The only thing I didnt like was that sound, it got kinda irritating after a while. But other than that I think the site looks great!