Changing Attitude

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, May 10, 2001.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Well, another year, another attempt to help a guy out. To make a long story short we were supposed to go in on a job together. We had discussed it and agreed that if either one of us got it we would do a joint venture on it, split the money down the middle and help each other get it done faster.

He got it.

Ain't heard from him since.

Gloves off and attitude getting dirty.

Homey has been screwed for the last time.

Look out world, things are about to change around my neck of the woods.

2. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

When it comes to money, you just can't trust many people these days.

3. HOMER

Never been a truer statement!

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Homer, you ever feel like this?

[​IMG]

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Ray

When do you have the time to find all the Homer gifs. :)

You come up with some good ones. ;)

6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I was suppose to bid a job with another guy.(friend) I bid the job cause I had the insurance. We were suppose to do all the landscape work 50/50, Even cutting grass. He ended up telling me that it would be better if we both bid seperately. We did. I bid it and told him my bid later, and he was way off on the fertilizer. He told me he was going back to tell them he was going to reconsider his bid. I never talked to him for about a year. He ended up more or less apologizing, and we remain friends, I learned a big lesson, to always keep busines, Business, and friendships, a Friendship.

7. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always felt that I can trust only myself when it comes to my business. This didnt cost you any money so it only affects the taste in your mouth, versus the cash in your wallet.

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

HOMER--don't change. just take a few deep breaths and hang on.

GEO

9. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

You get burt quite often eh homer? heh, you better hang loose with your generosity.

10. HOMER

Ray............at least once a year!

This was more a business dealing than a friendship thing. Just trying to help another guy get started and do it the right way. Also attempting to find that trustworthy soul to go in together on some things to make a few more bucks..............too bad for him..........he wasn't the guy!

Ya, I think I'll quit helping and also quit looking for that trustworthy soul. Even God Himself is probably shaking his head at me and wondering what I'm doing! He knows there ain't many out there.