Changing axle position

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by HOOLIE, Oct 10, 2004.

1. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Just bought a new 36" Viking on Thursday. Great machine, only problem is the rear wheels are too low. The manual makes it look very easy to adjust the axle position. Is it as easy as it looks? I'll probably need to do this soon. Some of the thick, spongy lawns looked scalped in spots.

Right now axle is set at position B, looks like A is the lowest and E the highest setting.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the hydro- it rules!

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

What a pain in fixed deck to raise and lower that deck and height. I am too spoiled now to do any adjustment on my fixed since operating TTHP. The benefits of floater is far far exceeding its higher price besides those anti-scalp rollers are fun to watch and operate, no more fixed.
    I hear your problem but once it is set, the fixed deck is as good as gold.
    thanks

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hoolie,

It's not bad at all. Just be sure and take some safety precautions when lifting the mower and working on it like you would anything.

Thanks

Terry

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the responses. I had considered the TT, but really, I cut almost all my lawns at the same height, so its not a big deal. And with a 36 the scalping issue is much less than with larger decks. I'll buy some jacks and change the axle position this weekend.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hoolie,

The Viking is a great machine and once you get the height set in the general range of where you're going to be cutting you'll love it.

Thanks

Terry

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I can change the axle position in about 10 min. now....took about 45min. first time...Use an impact if possible & you won't have to grab some of those tricky nuts...