Changing blades on new lazer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by huskertaz, Mar 26, 2002.

1. huskertaz

huskertaz LawnSite Member

I just purchased a new 27Hp 60" LC Lazer and was wondering what the easiest way is to change the blades without killing myself. If I should purchase that tool that you put underneath and lift up the deck or just drive it up on ramps or what? Thanks for all your help.:confused:

2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I installed hoist in the ceiling of my garage. I hook under the front of the mower(not the deck) and crank until I reach the height I need and go to it. I also put a jack stand under it once it's up in the air, just to be safe. My dealer didn't think it was the best idea to jack a ztr up by the deck. He said the weight of the machine could possibly bend something. With the hoist, it's not an issue. I think alot of guys here also drive up onto their trailer ramp to service under mower. Do what works best for you. Good luck and be safe.

3. Larry Davis

Larry Davis LawnSite Member

Don't waste any time thinking and talking about it. Call your dealer and tell him to get you the "Jungle Jack". Makes cleaning under deck and changing blades a breeze. It's well made and very stable. Far, Far better than using ramps.

4. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I run one of my front caster up on the edge of my trailer ramp until my back wheel comes incontact with the gate. This allows the deck to hang over(the other caster wheel is in the air off the side of the gate), you have to be a little careful getting off the machine as to not tip it. Then you have plenty of room to work underneith. This is what I do and it works well, I'm sure there are better ways, and safer ways, but this has worked very well for me and I can get under the deck anytime when I have my trailer, and when dont I have my trailer with me!

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

easby is right . another idea i got from eric.

6. BGRANT

BGRANT LawnSite Member

We do it the old fashion way.Drive it up onto the car ramps.They are quite cheap and the deck is easy to scrape on them to.
    To each there own
    Brian Grant.:D

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Trailer works great and its quick.