Changing Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Oct 2, 2006.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

You boys are always wanting to know what you can buy the top of the line 18 V Dewalt impact wrench with 300 ft. lbs. of torque for and I have heard all kinds of high prices on here from 3 to 4 hundred dollars. I bought a brand new one on Ebay with case, battery and charger for $214.00 last night and most of the buy it now prices start at $259.00 with $20.00 shipping. I snipe the bids and slip up on them before they realize what has taken place and my computer is smoking fast that is why I am able to do this.

2. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

And when that impact wrench craps out on you and 8 months and you find out there is no warrentee your going to wish you bought it from somewhere legit.

3. puppypaws

I have all Dewalt 18 volt powered hand tools bought brand new off of Ebay and they have the same exact warranty because I have used it on a charger with no questions asked they replaced it free of charge. What would make you think a legitimate Dewalt dealer on Ebay would not be able to sell with full warranty on a new Dewalt or any other item he is a dealer for. You just got a little confused I understand these things happen to a lot of 22 year olds from New Jersey.

4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought the rigid 18V tool kit that includes one. The 6 peice kit was 600$ cdn. IT only does 115 ft/lbs but thats tons for me since blades only need 70.

Cheers
    Jeff

5. puppypaws

That is enough torque for most things, lug nuts on a truck is 125 to 150 ft. lbs. depending on the size. The battery powered impact wrenches have a lot of uses around my farm, I have always used air impact or electric but I can see the 18 V battery operated ones having more versatility.