changing blades?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by recliner5, Aug 2, 2003.

1. recliner5

recliner5 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

What do you guys use to lift your Hustler mowers up with when changing blades. I just bought a chain hoist and tow strap, rap tow strap around front wheels, hook hoist to strap and lift up. Could you get by with just drilling a hole front of deck and putting big eye bolt mounted on deck then hook chain hoist to the eye bolt? I have the Hustler Z 60"/ 25 Kaw. I have been using trailer tail gate to remove blades doing it that way you can only get 2 off at a time, then back off and go to other side of trailer to get other blade off, any suggestions? Thanks Terp

2. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

You can reach under the mower while it is on the trailer and change the blades without lifting the mower unless you are using impact wrenches.

3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i use a floor jack on my super z. the deck is to low to slide it under so i have a block of wood that i drive the front side of the mower on, that gives me room for the jack. i also use an impact wrench to change my blades.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I use a come-a-long. I lag bolted a bracket to the headers over my garage door.

Gene

5. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a jungle jim jack and it works just find. You can alway carry it where ever you go and you can use an impact wrench which makes ghanging blade really easy.

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I pull mine up on the ramp of my trailer with one side overhanging, makes it very easy.

7. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

I too use the chain hoist and tow strap around the front yokes and it works very well! quick and easy...