1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Changing Business Name

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ztrguy, Nov 15, 2005.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

How much trouble would it be to change your business name? When I started I just offered mowing. Now I'm offering leaf removal, snow removal, mulching, power washing, and would like to offer a few more services on down the road. Right now we go by GrassMaster lawn service, but I would like to change it to something different. C&Z Lawn Care LLC, C&Z Property Maintenance LLC, C&Z Outdoor Services LLC, etc. I'm thinking of going with C&Z Lawn Care LLC and then listing the services I offer. Anyway, I would like to change the name. I would like to change the name to LLC and to something that is available in my state. There are too many GrassMaster Lawn Services in my state, so I'd like to stick with my name or something that no one else has. Any advice?
  2. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

You have a reasonably good sounding business name now ,I think the other names you have sound cr@p Keep the name you have imo.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>

Hi ztrguy,

I like your current name too. If you want to change it, just register a new business name and let all your customers know you changed it.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I like the current name as well.

It's not fun changing names around. I am in a 2 year process that is still going on with my name change. Finally the IRS paperwork is completed after dealing with them for the last couple of years. Not fun!
  5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

on your signage add the words "Full Service Property Management"

Covers the bases, plus you wont' loose you existing name recognition...
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

That is a good name, I would love to have it. Just advertise Complete Landscape Maintenance.
  7. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Thanks a lot guys! It looks like I'll keep the name and just advertise "Full Service Property Management" or "Complete Landscape Maintenance"

I have pretty good name recognition built up already so I probably would be better offer sticking to the original name. Thanks again for all the help and advice! I greatly appreciate it!