changing company name?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by oldearthgardening, Sep 12, 2010.

1. oldearthgardening

oldearthgardening LawnSite Member

Ive been in business in Canada for 2 years, but feel my name is turning customers away!- Old Earth Gardening
    I thought it was a good name when I first started but now I think its hindering progress!
    OLD EARTH GARDENING whats your feedback??:canadaflag:
  2. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

What are thinking of changing it to? If you are going to change it I would think this would be a good time to do it in the first couple of years. If it was me yes I would change it.
  3. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Georgia Lawn Works LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I would.

If you are in fear of loosing buisness over the change maybe just change it a little? Old Earth Landscaping?
  4. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

I see what you're saying about the name. How about something more positive that sort of keeps the name: "Good Earth Lawn and Landscaping" or something like that. Good luck!
  5. oldearthgardening

oldearthgardening LawnSite Member

Was thinking maybe Turf & Earth Gardening
    This way my name suggests lawn care and landscaping.
    We mainly focus on the maintenance side, and feel that people may not get that impression from the name- and they will call-Jims Mowing instead of me!!
    Also after some research the name has some religious meanings- somewhere I dont want to go!!!:hammerhead: