Changing company name

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, Nov 27, 2002.

?

Changing company name.Which is better?

1. MandM Lawn Service

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lake Side Lawn and Landscape

20 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

was thinking on changing the company name from MandM Lawn Service to Lake Side Lawn and Landscape.which do you guys like better?

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lakeside Lawn & Landscape Service is defnately better

3. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

i like lakeside better too, but not enough to change if you are established with M and M

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I like Lakeside too but like bubble said if you are established I would stick with the old one.

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

LAKESIDE kick a**

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

If you did change, I don't think it would be that big of a deal. Put Lake Side Lawn and Landscape formerly known as M & M Lawn, owner so and so....
    Just make sure you also keep the same phone number.

7. dr grass

dr grass Banned

This spring before we got started i sent a letter out to all my clients stating that "shep's lawn maintenance" has been changed to "LawnPRO" i told them in the letter that i simply wanted a more professional sounding name for my business. not a single complaint....

shep :alien:

8. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Lakeside L&L.

9. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, i did what dr. grass did too when we incorporated. had to change the name, did get a couple questions and puzzled looks.

of course less than a year after that had to send another letter for a change of address.

for the most part existing customers are allright with it. it's the market-potential customers, the public, dealers you use rarely, competition-that you will lose your branding with.

10. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

It will only be my second year in the business so i should be ok changing.Dont you think??