Changing dealers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Holders Residential, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Holders Residential

Holders Residential LawnSite Member

Ive been thinking about changing my dealer. My dealer is a good guy but the last few times Ive had work done (blade clutch) it took them a week and half to two weeks to get my mower back. But the nice thing about my dealer is he is only ten minutes from my home and centraly located to my lawns.But there is another dealer about forty minutes away in another town who has a fix it while you wait program.If they cant do that they will loan or rent one to you depending on if you are a gold, silver, or bronze customer. By the way I usually spend around 3 to4 thousand a season on parts labor ect.

2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Does your dealer you have now give you a loaner mower while he has it in the shop? A week in a half to 2 weeks seems like a long time.

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Dont burn your bridges. Keep the dealer you have now in your back pocket and stay friendly with them. Forty minutes seem like a small hike to me, But your down time is a little silly too. I would be calling the further of the 2 before bringing in equipment and checking out the availability parts and getting it into the shop to get worked on. Buy your small in and out stuff like trimmer line and 2 cycle oil from the close one to stay on good terms

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Very well said!!!!!! We would do the same thing but our dealer will take parts off from a new unit on the show room floor if we need them.

5. Holders Residential

Holders Residential LawnSite Member

My dealer does not give loaners nor does he rent. The other dealer only offers the loaner if you buy all your eqwipment from him but you can rent if you do otherwise.Also offers on site maintenence or fixit small problems.Also parts delivery. My dealer has 2 mechanics. The other has 6 plus some who do lighter maintenace.