Changing my Business Name, Opinions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by -, Feb 4, 2001.

1. Guest

My brother and I are partners in GrassRoots Lawn Care. Next month we will be splitting the Biz. He will retain the name and the Corp. I have a few ideas floating around in my head for a name for my new Biz.

I want to sound professional to attract commercial accounts so nothing like "Mike's Lawn Care". I also read through all of the prior posts concerning this and some guys seem to think that ABC Lanscaping is better than ABC Lawn Care, as most customers would be willing to pay more to a Landscape Co. vs. a Lawn Care Co. I'm interested in your opinions on this. Anyway here are a few...

Infinity Lawn Care.
    Liberty Lawn Care.
    Cornerstone Lawn & Landscapes.
    Advantage Lawn Care.
    Diversified Lawn & Landscapes.
    Diversified Ground Maintenance.
    Common Ground Lawn & Landscapes.
    Southern Landscapes.
    EcoScape Lawn Care.

Any and all opinions appreciated.

2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

How about your full name. Example: "John Doe Lanscaping" or or "John Doe Lawn Care".It is unique only to you. You don't have to worry about anyone else using it. Look at the time you will save not having to think up a "cute and catchy name. You asked for my opnion.

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

PROGRESSIVE
    PROGRESSIVE
    PROGRESSIVE
    PROGRESSIVE

I still like it! Do a search and read the post, it explains the concept.

P.S. Why are you splitting? Any troubles you would like to share with the group????????????????????

4. mowing king

mowing king LawnSite Member
    from ct

How about a name that says would you do?
    like "On time lawncare" "Your on time landscaper"

"We love mowing lawns" "we install landscapes"

just some examples, a name that says what you do is different and powerful. you alao need a tag, like Coke is the real ______, when it _______ positivly has to be there over_______.

if you can fill in the blanks than the power of marketing is at work.

5. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you offer landscaping as a service?That would be better if you did,or if you plan to in the future.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

INFINITY sounds good to me, i feel the same about using your name for a business name, its sounds not real professional, now guys dont jump down my throat, its only my opinion.BOB

7. mowing king

mowing king LawnSite Member
    from ct

i would agee on not using your own mane if its billybob's mowing and handywork.
    but using you last name could work, ever hear of FORD,Trump,Taco BELL, sears,levis.

8. Bryan McMullen

Bryan McMullen LawnSite Member

Theire is a guy in town called THE LAWN RANGER I have allways liked that one.

9. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

GrassRoots Lawn Care, go to http://www.lawnservicing.com and scroll down the page to where you see a subtitle "Starting Out". It's just below a little neon green area. Then click on "Starting Out" and then when that page comes up go to "It's All In A Name (naming your business)" click on that and there is a little paragraph on naming your business. It's got a couple good points.

10. double e

double e LawnSite Member

I like Southern Landscapes-

Has a nice ring
    Or how about- Superior