1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Changing Oil

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Larry1, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Larry1

Larry1 LawnSite Member

I have a Lazer HP with a 20 hp Kohler Command. The oil drain plug is located far inboard of the frame, behind the oil filter and above the PTO and blade drive belt. Even if I could reach the plug ,k which I can't, I couldn't collect the oil and it would run out onto the frame and foul the PTO and drive belt. What's the trick? Do you suck it out the dip stick tube with a hose and pump?
  2. Larry1

Larry1 LawnSite Member

No one?

Has anyone installed a "Drainzit"?
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

My old Lazer had an extended drain tube with a valve on it from the factory.

My new SuperZ has this same drain tube/valve on it. Makes changes real easy.

How about a rolled up paper plate to make sure the oil gets down that hole?

Saran wrap around the belts helps as well.
  4. Larry1

Larry1 LawnSite Member

Thanks. The dealer is looking into whether a drain tube was left off of my machine. In any case I've found quite a lot of information on line about pumps specially designed for removing oil through the dip stick tube. Evidently it's common in the boating industry. Check out the following site if your interested.