changing program for next yr.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by teejet, Oct 30, 2010.

1. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Rd. 1 1/4 lb. N, 1/3 lb. K, barricade, iron

Rd. 2 3/4 lb. UMAXX, 1/2 lb. SOP, barricade, iron, blanket spray

Rd. 3 spot spray summer weeds/ sedge(2 visits 3weeks apart)

Rd. 4 3/4 lb. UMAXX, 1/3lb. SOP, iron, blanket spray (non-2,4d)

Rd. 5 1 lb N, blanket spray

I don't want people to have to call me about sedges and crabgrass. I also don't want to have to call them and ask to spray for extra. Want to keep my price per app low, therefore I am thinking charging everyone for just weed control in summer. Most of my accounts are close so I could stop by twice and spot spray. If I am going to backpack weeds in the summer I would like to get paid.

Zoysia lawns will get fert on Rd.3 and lawns with little weeds would also.

2. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Sorry, I forgot to mention what I was changing. Rd. 3 was fert and spot spray. Also lowering the nitrogen on first app. , and adding a blanket spray on Rd.4

Does anyone see any problems with this plan? What I am trying to do is reduce spot spraying to only the rd.3. I am close to most of my lawns so I plan on hitting them twice during the summer for cragrass and sedges for the price of one app.

I should have the weed control more then covered. Do you think my fert plan is up to par?

3. sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

How many weeks apart?

What are you blanket spraying at each round?

4. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

About 7 weeks apart. I use 3 way w/ quicksilver usually, and for the non-24D I use triclopyr and quicksilver or something similiar.

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

Teejet; what's your rate of barricade for both applications and cost per M ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Max. rate atleast. With the majority on the second app. Cost for barricade is $13 per ac. with a split app. at max. rate.

7. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

I think I am switching to barricade from dimension . Always wanted to try it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Sorry,I double checked and that price gives me 1lb. active ingredient. I think the max is 1.5lbs. That would make it $19.5 per acre split.

9. lush&green

lush&green LawnSite Member

10. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

, Yes I offer grub control when giving an estimate. Less then half take it. Price is same as regular app. I think I have about 15 out of 110 that get grub control.
    I use a generic merit cost about 15 per acre.

I am still a little green but how would you spot grub damage this yr. with all the lawns dead from drought?