Changing tire sizes on Lazer HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Barkleymut, May 18, 2003.

1. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently bought a 52" Lazer HP. The tires are 23x9.50-12. If I go to a 23x1050-12 what will the difference be? (taller, or wider?) Just wondering since it seems the tires I currently have are not easily found in my area, while the others are easily found. Also If I bought a spare one, do the Lazer Z and HP rims have the same 4 bolt spacing for mounting the rim? Thanks, Andy

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Andy,

The 52" and the 48" Lazer HP share the same wheel. The wheel for the full size Lazer has a different off set. The bolt pattern however is the same.

As far as the tires go it's difficult to say. A 10.50 tire from one manufacturer may only be 10.50 wide at the tread but the sidewall may stick out substantially farther. The next one may be 9.5 or 11.5 and still have a great deal of sidewall extending out past the tread. You can even find this with in different tread patterns from the same manufacturer. The same holds true when we compare tire diameters. a 23" diameter tire in pattern X may be exactly 23" and the next tread pattern may be 22" or 24".

The tire should fit without any problem but I would recommend that you measure your old tires before you remove them, then measure the new tires once installed and look for any interference on the inside of the tire.

Thanks

Terry