Changing trimmer brands!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutter1, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

:blob3: The impossible has happened.....I'm changing to Stihl......I have been running Shindaiwa T270's since they came out about 10 years ago. I used the new Stihl 250 and fell in love!!!! Instant power that is very impressive......Just bought one today and probably get two more soon. I love Shindaiwa, but time to upgrade!!

2. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about going from the Echo SRM-2601 to the Shindaiwa T-2500, myself.

3. Cutter1

I haven't heard good things about the t2500. I would go with the t260 if I were you or the t270. Like I said SHindaiwa has been great for me, but time to try something new!!

4. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

5. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

if the stihl 250 is anything like there 350 i would buy the shindaiwa t270.for the difference in the crbs and how you adjust the thottle cable,the 350 uses a walbro ,the shindaiwa uses the jap carb.which is more reliable,the 350 cable adjustment ,you have to slide the cable ahead the shin,has its own adjustment for the cable,my opinion only

6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax all the way baby i think it blows them all away

7. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Harry, what model Redmax are you running?

8. Trauma

Trauma LawnSite Member

Try the RedMax BCZ2500s... I'm quite satisfied with it

Doug

9. Cutter1

I bought a redmax last season.....anyone want to buy a redmax?? :) It's nothing compared to the Shindaiwa and my new Stihl. Its the strato charged 2500 toy.

10. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Cutter i think you would be just changing brands rather than upgradeing, its hard to upgrade from a Shindaiwa-IMPO.....Marks Mowing Service