Changing WB Cutting Height

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by corycc, May 17, 2002.

1. corycc

corycc LawnSite Member

A few years ago, Yazoo-Kees offered a floating deck hydro, but since then have discontinued it. This unit was equiped with a deck cutting height adjustment very much the same as on Lazers, one handle adjusting all four post. To this date that is the only wb ever to have one. I know it was a little awkward, added weight and cost, and made it a little harder for your engineering buddies, but I feel that was a great feature. I almost purchased one but they discontinued them and I discovered eXmark's hydro superiority and ECS. I demoed a lazer hp and for those customers who prefer different cutting heights I could easily accomodate with no problem. With no hassle in a second it was done. But on my TTHP52, eventhough it can be done, the deck is heavy, the pins are stubborn, and there are four of them. After a long day I am very unlikely to want to be adjusting cutting height for people, and therefore most of the time I don't. This might be a dumb idea, but what if you guys made an adjuster such as the Kees an option on WB's? I am sure many people would opt for such a convenience. Another idea, what about some sort of clip to hold the deck up while you adjust it or maybe a small peddle you could slip under the deck to hold it up while you make adjustments and store on the unit when not in use. Just ideas.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Cory,

You haven't been talking to Fred have you. He scratching his head on this one a while back.

All I can say you never know.

Thanks

Terry

3. corycc

corycc LawnSite Member

I am sorry, I am not familiar with Fred. Did he suggest the same?

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Cory,

Fred's works with Dustin and I answering Lawnsite, e-mail and answering the many questions we get via telephone here at Exmark.

He's pretty sharp on this type of stuff so consider it a compliment if your suggestions coincide with his.

Thanks

Terry