charge 3x materials????????

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lawn Tek, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Please guys help me out I have posted several places the question of charging a couple of commercial accounts 3x materials. They need fall color and how in all honesty can I charge them $12 for a $4 mum and keep them as customers next year. It would be a one drop stop deal at both places and doesn't quanity count anymore. They need about 150, I know I expect a deal when ordering by the quanity. Me Blonde Me Shop Sams. All kidding aside, please can you help us out, I need to know something Tues. Thanks for your time. Have a Blessed week.:angel: Tara' T. Stinnett (Ms. Tek) Hey Nashville sweetie's see ya in St. Louis!!!

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

$12.00 for a $4.00 mum, installed? Sounds like a deal to me.

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Will you get a quantity discount? If not, try another supplier, if you want to offer a discount.
    Crawdad

4. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

hey Crawdad, great name!! The lowest is $3 per 1 gallon mum. We have been blessed so much during these past two years and I feel 3x materials is too much . We live in western Ky. and sometimes prices in bigger cities are way to spendy around here. Although I know we are a wonderful asset to the lawn care/ landscaping business simply because we put the Customer first, I feel that bigger commercial accounts can cover the cost of dependable lawn care effectivally, however I still believe 3x materials is a little to much. if I get a deal, I should pass it on.thanks again Crawdad!!! :angel:

5. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

How about 2.5X ? Does that make you feel better? You could trya different approach Just mark up the materials 25% and then bill it out my the man hr. at whatever your rate may be. Good Luck:blob3:

6. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

How about 2.5X ? Does that make you feel better? You could trya different approach Just mark up the materials 25% and then bill it out my the man hr. at whatever your rate may be. Good Luck:blob3:

7. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

3 x zero is still zero.

Final profit factoring in everything is the the only way to sail.