Charge a disposal fee?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dsmrolla06, Mar 25, 2006.

1. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

When you guys do spring cleanups and so forth, do you charge a fee for the disposal or the debris? I was planning on doing like a $75 minimum for diposal fee. What do you guys do?
  2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

we generally charge 2.00 a bag to dump. we fill up the compost bags and take them to the dump. they charge us 2o.00 a truck load to dump but i think we are too low.
  3. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I chare a $35/hr to go to the dump plus the dump fee of $55 per ton. I can usually put 3-4 properties on the trailer at a time. I take the total weight/the total bag count and charge the property per bag. With 3-4 props on the trailer at a time, I make good money to go to the dump. It is a half hour to the dum, 10-15 minutes at the dump and a half hour back, that makes it about $43 per property to go to the dump.
  4. bobcat9957

bobcat9957 LawnSite Member

You should defnitely charge something. Figure out what it costs you to dump it and then make it worth your while:)
  5. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

We charge a minimal fee for hauling to the town compost dump, the dump is free. We only charge for the hauling dependent upon how far we need to drive, most cases this is only $10- $20. This is a town with a population of about 25 k so there really isn't anyplace in town that warrants charging more than that.
  6. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

I just fiuge it into the price, they don't get a break down, dump costs me nothing, I just charge for the time, although I dump at my buddies farm, where I'm renting space to store equip this year, but why lose money, you still have to load it and haul it.