Charge for pavers?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by shade tree landscaping, Jun 20, 2007.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

How do you guys charge for pavers? Do you charge doube the fee you pay to buy them, or is there another formula? thanks in advance

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Yup thats it, simple as that. :)

3. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

Cost of materials, * 5 / .6 - 9 + suqare root of radius of largest circle * 3.14

Duh!!:hammerhead:

4. Jay Works

Jay Works LawnSite Member

Total up all of the material costs, then double. It is a good place to start, and you can adjust from there. I do that and it usually comes out to $12 - $14 per suare foot depending of the product used.

5. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmmmmmm.... okay- I want a paver driveway. I can't make up my mind on a pattern. It's a toss up between a Herringbone pattern or a 4 size random pattern with 4 different color pavers to give it that little extra splash of color.

All the materials cost the same, so I think I'll go with the random!
    When can you start? :dizzy:

6. l3en007

l3en007 LawnSite Member

You just have to do your research. Find out what the going rate per square foot is around you. Around here, the going rate is between 16 and 18 dollars a square foot. Also, like any other job, you have to figure out all your costs, overhead, etc....These things vary every job. Do your self a favor if you can..and make it to a MAHTS convention. VERY HELPFUL.
    GOOD LUCK!

7. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

8. Jay Works

Jay Works LawnSite Member

These sites are a wealth of knowledge with equal amount of people stuck on themselves. People post questions for a good reason and are looking for advise. I am fairly new to the business and appreciate the help. It is very frustrating when people just downgrade and act like a smart ass. I offer what works for me. I work for myself and have no employees, so I am different than most of you that have a crew to do it for you. When you give a price you have to be able to look the people in the eye and be comfortable about it. All of my business comes from word of mouth. I am more interested in giving the customer what they want at a good price and getting a couple of refferals out of it. An extra $1000 on a job is not worth negative press. I also provide home repairs as a contractor. So the little sidewalk usually turns into a new bathroom in the winter or a new roof next summer. Remember that without the customer none of use would have a job. I hope this helps you guys starting out, and if I stepped on any toes, get over it.

9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

My area - $8 a sq starting out for basic layout. Different designs, color, borders running thru out - may be as high as $14.

10. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

Do your self a favor and take landscaping out of your name switch it with lawn care and stick to that.