Charge for Spring-Start-ups

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Rotor-Man, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Rotor-Man

Rotor-Man LawnSite Member

What seems to be the going rate for Spring Start-ups around the country? What do you include in your charge for this such as a fresh battery in the controller, adjust the heads and set the clock?

2. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

I view this the same as a service call/ repair and charge the same.

1. I close all drains, fire up the main, check for leaks.

2. Check each zone, check each head for proper operation. Make adjustments if necessary.

3. Set the timer, replace battery if needed.

4. If there are breaks and/or other repairs needed, I make a list and/or show customer and give them a price for the additional work.

5. Collect money!

3. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Routine residential up to 9 zones is $75. We give them up to 45 min of on job time and a battery if needed.

Inspect PVB, not certify

test all zones, walking from head to head, pulling grass off heads, uncovering spray heads, inspecting operation of heads, straighten crooked heads

Set clock day, date, time, program optional

All parts additional, we don't bill repair labor till the visit goes over 45 min. If we find a bad head, valve diaphram or a 4" spray needs to be a 12" or a taller riser or some other similar thing, we just do it and bill them.

4. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

we charge 60 plus sales tax for spring activation. we include one hour of labor. we inspect and check all heads, like hbofox said, walking from head to head. clear grass away from head, check valves for proper operation, wire connections, rain sensor...all basic stuff. we bill parts as needed.

suffice to say, this season it seems the repairs are on the high side. alot of calls for service so far.

brian