charge for weeding per hour ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Jaybrown, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering what other people charge for weeding ? We charge $45 per man hr. Is that too high I hate weeding and figured out that price by what our push mowing crew makes

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I hate it too,but 60 an hr ,its not that bad.

3. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

gee I'm at $35/hr and people look at me cross eyed… id like to be up around the $50 per hour range. i've been $35 an hour for 2 years.

4. KODAKMOWING99

KODAKMOWING99 LawnSite Member

$60 an hour, same as trimming, landscaping etc

5. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

$40 to $60 depending on what I have to deal with (bugs and weeds; hate getting eaten by mosquitoes). I usually don't tell the client an hourly rate though. Just $xx to get it done give or take $y.

I've done a lot of weeding and can be pretty accurate in my estimation. If they want it done weekly/biweekly after the first time it's usually pretty quick and don't have to charge them much.

6. JeremyKuhn

JeremyKuhn LawnSite Senior Member

I do $45 an hour for anything that doesn't require equipment. I usually bid by job size unless they want a maintenance schedule, in which I have to go over my rates with them.

7. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

60 and I would like to be at 100 per man hours. it sucks. if they don't like it they can pound sand and do it themselves

8. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

It is the only service I have been lowering my rates because it requires no tools and not much skill, but yea it can be daunting so I think I will raise it back up. Am charging between $30-$40.

9. I don't really hand pull weeds. I have one client that I have had to and that is $35/MH. BUT, this is an account that we spend 32/MH a month on. After the bad areas are hand weeded, we put down Preen (he supplies it). Hand pulling is really a waste of time. There are plenty of good chemicals out there to use that save a boatload of time. I think charging $50 hour or more to hand pull weeds is rediculous. Its not rocket science.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

yea but chemicals damage the earth and there are TONS in our drinking water / air / food. Not good.