1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Charge per Acre?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CutliffDesigns, Mar 15, 2006.

1. CutliffDesigns

CutliffDesigns LawnSite Member

How much do you guys normally charge per acre for commercial mowing, and what about residential?
    There is little to no weedeating, but I've heard guys charging like 50 bucks just to weedeat a nice sized area.
  2. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

I charged $550 to weedwack a acre.
  3. CutliffDesigns

CutliffDesigns LawnSite Member

do people normally charge 50 an acre to mow, plus have a weedeating charge on top of that?
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

DAMN...Im lucky to get $40
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Generally around $50 an acre just to mow.
  6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Around here, $25 seems to be maximum. I put out some bids with pictures showing a very fine job we do, and bid $30, and have heard nothing. In fact, I was mowing a very rough terrain 16 acres every two weeks for $21.50 per acre, and have been doing it for three years, and was just informed that I got beat SUBSTANTIALLY by someone. This was a mall, Lots of trash to pick up and some trimming, so I am going to love to stop by and see who got it, and what they are using.
  7. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

to be honest with you Flex I say congrats to whoever beat you out at the mall as you do a good Job it sucks that a 59 year old man that has done fine for himeself has to take money away from people who actually need it in an already saturated area with lawn care business's I've got kids to feed sugar to so I can pay you a ton to fix um
  8. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm averaging $45 - $50 per acre, some a little more some maybe a little less but those figures are in the ball park for me.
  9. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Today I got beat out on a 59 acre school property(lots of trimming,secret gardens that have to be push mowed,rocky ditches,etc). The school board voted tonight to except the lowest bid of $16.25 per acre.
  10. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

You weedwacked an entire acre....I wouldn't have done that for 5K.