charge per hour?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ebayollis, May 6, 2008.

1. ebayollis

ebayollis LawnSite Member

what does everyone charge per hour?

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

eleventy-billion dollhairs. that depends on your overhead,your area and some other factors. I charge XX but I have a truck,trailer,mower,etc.... you might be able to charge YY because you do not have all those things.

3. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

I try to charge 60, sometimes i get more and others a bit less. Be prepared for a lot of answers, and probably more people giving smart ass responses as someone posts a thread asking "how much to charge" at least 3 times a week. Use the search function, it will become your best friend on this site.

4. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I try to figure 60/hr for LC also. I messed up a couple bids and only got about 25/hr for a couple of the first jobs I did. I learned really quick that I was losing $ at 25/hr. Now I aim for $60, sometimes I come out ahead, sometimes behind, but alot closer then I did at first. For Snow Plowing (SP) I try for $100/hr.

To be honest, $60/100/hr is what I aim for on the per service customers. On the ones that sign up for annual service at a flat montly rate, I figure them at $50/hr for LC, and $75/hr for SP.

5. ebayollis

ebayollis LawnSite Member

ok thats around what i was thinking...i charge $50 but havent been getting many call backs

6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

no offense, but maybe its your presentation, not your price?

and you really cannot compare what you are charging in NC to what someone else is charging in ND. I can charge 65 an hour but in greenwich they can charge 165. In your area the going rate might be 40/hour. But like what was said, try searching you will find a million other threads just like this one. Good luck !

7. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on what your talking about. A guy and a rake? $45.00/ hour. A guy and a 52" $70.00. A guy doing fert/weed control $200.00. Ect

8. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

very true:clapping:

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Please Tell me that you guys are NOT charging by the hour .......

10. JacksonsLawnCare

JacksonsLawnCare LawnSite Member

i work for wealthy clients who normally dont ask for price i mail a bill they mail a check