Charge per man hour

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffhendrix, Feb 3, 2006.

1. jeffhendrix

jeffhendrix LawnSite Member

What do you try to make per man hour on maint. jobs I try to make between 30-35.

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

everyone is different it depends on how much profit each person wants to make .

3. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

$60 to $75 per man hour, depending on what work we are doing.

Jason

4. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

Jkooper, if possible would you e-mail me, i am just getting started in the st. louis area doing landscape and have a few questions about calc. overhead cost and figuring hr. rate to charge to mow commercial, maybe you could help thanks chris
    NewLeaf_Lawn@yahoo.com

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Right now I average $53.19 per man hour. This will be raised to around $60 per man hour for the 2006 season.

6. premierlawncare

premierlawncare LawnSite Member

Are you including Driving time for you man hour rate for the day? or is at the job site. my route is tight and those numbers are still much different. I think I am averaging about $35-40 per man hour INCLUDING DRIVING, without driving it is around $55.

7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

We averaged $67 per man hr. last year, and have all our contracts back this year at 15% increase, so will average $75 next year. We raise prices about every 4 years, and with our quality, and the fact we work on 4 year increments with customers, this is no problem.

8. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

minimum 50 an up like to be around that 80 mark!!

9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

That is without drive time. Drive time wouldn't make a difference because this is the only route I have, and the whole route milage is 2.1 miles.

I am planning on advertising larger next year though so my route milage will go up.

10. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

you cannott think this way...
    drive time DOES matter...it has to be figured into the cost recovery formula.
    there is a difference on what you CHARGE per hour and what you MAKE per hour.