charge pump kubota

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by grass disaster, Jun 29, 2007.

1. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had one of the early model ZD 21's, '01-'02, and according to my Dealer they were defective from Kubota. (I'm not sure Kubota would admit to this though) Mine had the same problem, deck would not raise properly and mower was not running smoothly or slipping, especially when raising the deck. I finally returned it to the dealer and they "rebuilt" it there. Within a month, it was doing all the same things again and finally I lost the drive on one side completely. I bought this tractor new and it had about 1000 hrs. use. Not happy, I tracked down the Kubota rep from my area, he looked it over at the Dealer where I bought it, and approved of a complete transmission replacement. I used it 1 more season with the new trans. and can you believe, it started slipping again. I sold it this past March. I always used Kubota brand filters and oil, changing at the recommended intervals too. I've had other Kubota's without problems. I hope their new Z is better. Call Kubota to get the rep's name in your area. Without approval they won't fix anything. You are technically out of warranty, but since Kubota had so many ZD's with this problem, they may still warranty your tractor considering the hours. If you are in the mid-atlantic area, I have the Kubota reps name and number, I can pm to you. Good Luck

2. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

I knew I had seen this before... glad to see you 2 have connected!

3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

boy this does not sound like good news!

yes i could use that #. thanks

4. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

You still need to intall a tri-gauge on there and test the pump system out to do it right.