Charge to lay sod?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MOTES, Feb 9, 2008.

1. MOTES

MOTES LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out what the reason price to lay sod. I'm open to hear some opinion. The project needs sod lay, about 1300 square ft. I'm getting two pallet which cover 1170 square ft to start with, each pallet is $150. So both for 240 then laber,supply, etc. i'm thinking about $30. Total 600. Anybody agree or disagree?, again, i'm open to hear anything. Thanks

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

I charge .51 per square foot so for me you are right in there but i pay .21 so you do the math.
  3. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Over here in Indy--we aim for 5.50 per sq yard installed but if it's an easy lay with not to much cutting you can get by on 5.00 to 5.25 per sq. yard. This covers routine finish grading, dekivery, installation and initial irrigation.

1300 ft ==144 yards + 5% for cutting/wastage= 151 yards x 5.50 = 830.50

Your market might not tolerate this level--only you kow your clients limits!
  4. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

.75 per sq ft here and charge extra for prep
  5. Ravenwood Landscaping

Ravenwood Landscaping LawnSite Member

I'm between $0.75 and $1.00/ sq ft depending on the size of the yard. Usually over 1000 sq ft, I start going down in price. This includes minor prep work to smooth out the dirt and pull rocks.
  6. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

just wondering if you get you sod from turner out of luray va
  7. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

no , there is a sod farm about 20 miles away from me called Lavery's sod farm very nice people to deal with !!!
  8. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Blow 2500 square feet is 1.00 per foot. with reasonable prep if there are tree stumps. where the sod is going to be install the price goes up:drinkup: