charge to water lawns?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Aug 8, 2001.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

the drought is bad here I'm thinking of charging my customers to water their lawns water bills are cheap in balto. county Md only about $20 per 3 months. I guess they don't have time to water themselves ?

2. Micky

Micky Banned

When are you going to water? During the day? Do you have a water truck or will you just move the sprinkler around the lawn? Can't see how it can be done without a water truck at dawn.

3. cut4U

cut4U LawnSite Member

i also dont understand how this will be done??could you please specify.

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

if i had to water their lawn in a way that took time ,id charge regular time and cost etc. id hit their irrigation switchif timer wasnt working properly for nothing on mow days

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

I have a few garden accounts that I maintain. Watering is billed at $35.75 per hour. While watering, I'm snipping and pulling weeds, etc. E-Z Money!!!!

[​IMG]

6. powerreel

powerreel Banned

I run man. systems @ some commercial buildings, just turn 'em on now & then...

7. jeffex

simple!!! customer provides hose and sprinkler you drive up turn it on and go to the next lawn. turn water on for 2hrs then double back and turn off for 2hrs and put away hose etc. repeat process for as many as you have keep a few cheap sprinklers on the truck and use another customers hose if you have to cover multiple hoses on some lawns. just return everything to rightful owner.. I'm going to open the door by saying "hey do you want me to come by and water your lawn for you!!" the worst they can say is no

8. jeffex

they will think you spent hrs watering when all you do is turn on then off and put stuff away the sprinkler does the work 1 inch of watering a week is recomended

9. Micky

Micky Banned

During the day? If the suns out watering won't do much good in daytime hours, can even be detremental because of magnifying glass effect of water droplets.

10. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Jeffex, i hear you brother the drought is startin to really kick here and no sings of relief!!! My accounts that are doing well are the ones with irrigation and the homeowners that actually care about there lawns, and even those look a little shabby. But the rest are the ones who i think deal with the drought as it comes and deal with the dormant grass while its here and enjoy it when it returns to normal health, i dont know of any that would pay for a watering service. Maybe i have cheap clients =).

:blob3: