Charging correctly?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I plan on getting a large amount of new accounts next year. How do you guys charge per squarefoot when doing bids. Also, if anybody has a sample contract I can modify and use for my own business, please send it to nickrhoward@hotmail.com. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

do you have liability insurance at 16 or 17 next year, no, you can not do commercial work with out it, and should not do any work without it, are you charging sales tax, in the state of ohio you have to...... are you licenced with the state, thats a registered business name with the state as a dba or llc or corp.......are you claming this income on federal taxes... until you take care of these things you cannot grow , at all........

pricing, figure out your total cost, insurance , gas , everything, what can the market bare, what must your profit margin be.. thats your price

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Better yet - You go get all the insurance and tax numbers you need to be legitimate - Then go find out what the going rate the customers in you area are paying. Then figure out if you can make it.

I get so tired of people on this site saying "Figure your expenses - Charge accordingly"

Will tell you one thing, and it may be wrong, but in our area, and I think this applies to any area, there is a max charge the customer is willing to pay - At this point you have to figure out the mowers you need to get the job done at the rate the clientell of your area are willing to pay with you making a buck or two.