Charging for Extended Service Plan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shawns Lawns, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Alot of stores have now started or have been, offering these "Extended Service Plans". They have them for outdoor power equiptment, power tools, paint power equiptment, small appliances, ect. Has anyone ever bought them and actually had to use them? I know that they do not pick up where the manufactures warranty ends, they run together. You can pick a variety of months or years and the price of the plan depends on the purchase price of the unit. Just wondering if anyone has tried this and how it turned out. :waving: :waving:

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

When I started, we used crapsman mowers. I bought the extended plan on those and ended up getting the mowers replaced twice. However, it's important to note, those things aren't supposed to cover equipment used for commercial purposes.

3. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Who said anything about commercial use i would use then strictly residential. :waving: I know what you mean but how about this what if you had a large property and the use of this equiptment would be way more than a residental size lot (100 X100 for example).