Charging for Roundup

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawns of KY, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Lawns of KY

Lawns of KY LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me how much you charge for spraying Roundup? Per gallon? Maybe someone has devised a formula that you could share.

2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Materials + Labor = Price to Charge

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Our customers on agreements we have it figured in to spot spray bed, etc. For customers that want a big area sprayed, we usually charge for time and the for the chemicals we use. An example we sprayed two tanks in our backpack (8 gal) and charged $75 for a good customer.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If you want to do it by the gallon, I find 10-15 dollars / gallon is a good measure but you need to make sure you get some FOOTAGE out of each gallon so it is worth it for the customer. Basically what I'm saying is the more coverage you can get out of one gallon, the better (and the closer to 15 you can charge) but if you tend to waste it then you'd want to go closer to 10 dollars (it's very powerful, a gallon goes far further than what the instructions tell, at least in my experience).

Now, a handheld sprayer gets rid of a gallon in about 10 minutes, especially the 2.5 gallon sprayers, the 1-gallon sprayers you have to keep pumping all the time but the 2.5's are better. With a backpack sprayer, you can get rid of a gallon in like 5 minutes. So, start with $10 / gallon and work from there? If you know you'll use 2 gallons you could charge 25, usually I combine this stuff with something else so it doesn't infringe with my $35 minimum.

In the second post, you'll see $75 / 8 gallons, close ...

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

NO WAY.

I do it by time and convience factor for the client.

for 2000-5000 sq ft I charge $150 if I feel generous and $200 if I don't. That is less than a 5 gallon backpack worth. Usually as part rototilling / chemical kill plan for resodding.

for beds I use snapshot to keep the weeds down and only spot spray.
    I get from $20 to $55 a month depending on amount of beds. (12 Months contracts).

Spraying round up is easy, they can go to Lowes and do it themselves. If they don't want to then they need to pay me and pay me well for my time.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

$42 per gallon, one gallon minimum

7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed. I am not in business to run around making sure everybody is getting a great deal on specialty services. Consider that it is hard enough to work them into a busy schedule and that most folks want these things done within a day or two, that equates to $150/2k.

8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I generally charge about $55 per backpack (3gal) with a $75 minimum.

9. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

...........$18.50

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow. I do about $15 a gallon + time.