Charging for spraying lawn

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by deinck, Apr 14, 2001.

1. deinck

deinck LawnSite Member

Hi Guys
    Just curious what are you guys charging for spraying lawns
    per/1000 sq ft with lets say Trimec.

2. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Pricing seems to vary greatly as to location,size of property and program established. Mine would be 35 for the first 3k and 6.25 up to 12k. Over that it is property dependant but not lower that 3.10.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

$35 stop fee and $3 per K.

4. SDF250

SDF250 LawnSite Member

.004 sq ft 35 min

5. Getmow

from VA

I see my prices are a tad bit too much. THat is what I needed to know as this is my first year pricing. THanks.

6. Matt

Matt LawnSite Member

Like stated earlier, pricing is geographically determined. You should be figuring out what your costs are and what profit margin you hope to acheive. Just because your price is high as compared to some that have listed them doesn't neccessarily make it high for your area or your company. You are handling a hazardous material with specialized equipment plus you have to be certified, recertified, registered and so on prices have to be determined by cost to you and the profit margin you hope to acheive.

7. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

I charge by the gallon applied; $6.77!!!

8. Getmow

from VA

Steve, what is the gallons / 1000kft? Thanks

9. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

getmow...

I think you mean 1ksqft, It depends when I'm spraying and what my concentration of product is, along with which product I'm using. Unless I'm using something like "Sahara" that price covers me for a couple different broadleaf and even MSMA products.

10. Getmow

from VA

smburgess, I was refferring to 1kft2. My unit and mixtures set at 2 gallons of solution to 1kft2. So for a set up like this would you charge 13.44 per 1kft2? I know the price on the products / applications vary greatly but as an average charge for an application program is this your rate? I am very curious since I am in a market closely related to yours. I am in the Newport News area.