Charging per acre

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 321birdguy, Apr 7, 2014.

1. 321birdguy

321birdguy LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you charge per acre
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. walkerway

walkerway LawnSite Member

We're up to about $10 an acre now, what do you charge? Jk, it all depends on the job, wide open or tight meticulous area.

3. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

Look like Walkerway is auditioning to be Letterman's replacement. Going rate seems to be $60 per acre with few obstructions. Each acre over that add $30-40

4. ozarkbilly

ozarkbilly LawnSite Member

it can definitely be all over the place. I've got a 1 acre lot that I mow for $40. Perfect square, driveway partially down one side, wide open other than that. I'm assuming they're gonna build on it some day, but for now they're out of state owners that pay like clockwork.

Then I've got a .9 acre lot that I mow for $90 and that's actually a really good deal. It should probably be more like $110. House, numerous trees/shrubs/beds, pool, garage, greenhouse. Several narrow strips that require a 21". I wanted it though because its right on a main road and near several "big $$ neighborhoods", and I really wanted my truck with signage sitting out front for almost 2 hrs per week.

5. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you need to make per hour? I have a lot that I mow, perfect square, home owner likes to do the trimming, and there is no blowing or cleanup, I charge 50 bucks. Assuming all you're doing is mowing I would charge $50 an acre at a minimum.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ManuelMowing

ManuelMowing LawnSite Member

Depends on many factors. How far away from other properties, what is the slope of the property, can I get into the property easily, is there a ton of stuff to mow around, and how often is it going to be mowed will effect the price. I generally charge $35 per man hour as a base.

7. 321birdguy

Does that include mower and fuel expense or?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ManuelMowing

ManuelMowing LawnSite Member

Yes, if the property has farther out and would require more driving the cost would go up. Also if the property hasn't been mowed or maintained property the price goes up.

9. 321birdguy

Do you realy charge 35$ a hr including everything fuel and mower cost
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Kenb2920

Kenb2920 LawnSite Member