1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Charging system on my exmark

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by danzig, Jan 29, 2002.

1. danzig

danzig LawnSite Member

My exmark wb has a 20 horse kohler on it. I noticed last season that the battery seemed to loose power at the end of the day.(new battery) The starter takes energy at start up and the electric clutch also takes a little energy. I assume that the charging system on the Kohler can still keep the battery up while i am mowing. Should i let the engine run for a few minutes to charge the battery after i have mowed? It is possible that i have a bad battery or a dragging starter but all the connections are good. I will try another new battery but what if it keeps doing this?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The first thing that I would check is to make sure that the regulator is working. Check the violet wire coming out of the engine harness, it should be around 13 volts.

That is really the best place to start. This will tell you if it's an Exmark problem or a Kohler problem.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thank, Fred.