1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Charging to Plant

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Amazing Earth Landscapes, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Amazing Earth Landscapes

Amazing Earth Landscapes LawnSite Member

So I'm doing a rather large pool renovation, everything is going smooth but when it comes time to install plants, the owners went and purchased the plants. I know what I would charge when buying the plants, hauling them to the job and planting them, but can you guys reccomend a rate at which you charge to plant when the plants are provided.

Thanks alot!

2. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

In this instance we will normally do a flat rate per plant based on size and amount of materials needed to amend soil.

3. Amazing Earth Landscapes

Amazing Earth Landscapes LawnSite Member

What would your rate typically be?

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I charge by the hour or day when planting, because the care in planting is most important aspect of the job... everyone loses when proper plant care goes out the window and some plants start dying or even languishing... charge enough to come back and water at least twice in the next 5 days...

5. g&MWorkslandscape

g&MWorkslandscape LawnSite Member

what do you guys usually charge for purchase/delivery/installation of the plant? do you double the cost of the plant?