charging to trim shrubs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&B LAWN, Jul 22, 2003.

1. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

just need some input on about how much to charge to trim shrubs? the shrubs are small, about knee-high. and also what is a good shrub trimmer to invest in

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I get $35-$40 per hr. for shrub trimming, plus a disposal fee. Echo HC150's are an excellent hedge trimmer. Do a search too, this topic has been discussed numerous times.

3. B&B LAWN

about how much do the echo hc150 run?

4. EJK2352

Mine were $299

5. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree - I like the Echo HR1500 too - I also have a couple of pair of the HR1600 which tend to prefer a little more. The blade is longer and gives a little better cut/easier. If you're in it for the long run, buy yourself a pair of the extended reach trimmers. We've got an Echo that's a component power pak - with the hedge trimmers (extended 6ft reach) - got them for a steal - near brand new at a pawn shop for $75 - (new they're about $350-400!)! Anyway - those trimmers are great and will make you A LOT of money - because you'll be able to get the jobs that everyone else needs ladders and scaffolds for. Much worth the Money! Good Luck.

6. B&B LAWN

what about tanaka trimmers ive heard good things about those

7. EJK2352

My friend used to barrow my hedge trimmers. He finally bought a pair of Tanaka's for himself. I tried them out and they seem pretty decent. I still prefer the Echo's.

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

$240 from Alamia, delivery included.

Mike

9. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

just bought this last week, used it few times and its great so far. i love it.
    was a little pricey though, $380

dsc01790.jpg