Charging too little for organic?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by lawncuttinfoo, Mar 8, 2009.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

This year, because of a cheaper supply chain, I am able to offer my organic program at a very close price to my synthetic program, when last year it was close to double the price of synthetic.

Only thing I am afraid of is customers being afraid that my program is so much cheaper than all other organic/natural programs available they may think I am cutting corners.

Similar problems anyone?

2. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

What happens when that supply chain runs out? I wouldn't lower prices.

Take the extra profit and invest in future growth, better employees, etc...

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Definately maintain what you have. Now you have the luxury of 'psychological' discounts.
    Anything you can do to boost the confidence of a customer - that's the next thing you do. You got lucky. :)

Is the turf actually improving now or are you simply maintaining , par with synthetics?

4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not lower your prices? Explain to the customers in a letter with your contract/proposal that the supply chain has lowered your costs, making the organic program cheaper to your customers. You don't have to lower it to the synthetic, you still have to make a profit, but the customer is looking for VALUE, and you trying to pass that on to them is a good thing in their eyes....JMO..

5. lawncuttinfoo

Yes, I will definattly be lowering the prices, price was the major reason I did not have more signups than I did. Also this way I may eliminate the synthetic option all together.

6. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

lower cost!!!!!!!!!

pirate%20flag.gif

7. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Lawncuttinfoo how many square feet are you customers lawns.

8. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Pirates love skull & crossbones. :confused:

9. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

I am going after some of the larger corporate shops this year............. and I am bringing me mates!!!

10. lawncuttinfoo

1,500-17,000 sq ft

why?