Chariot or Exmark

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by punisher1, May 1, 2003.

1. punisher1

punisher1 LawnSite Member
    from NC

I am trying to decide between a Chariot 19hp 48" cut verus an Exmark 21 hp 48"cut. The area I will be mowing is about 2 acres with a couple of decent size banks, Thanks for any advice.

2. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

Punisher1:

Go to a Great Dane Dealer and ask him/her if you can demonstrate a unit. This will be the best way for you to decide whether the unit will meet your expectations. You can locate the nearest dealer to you on Great Dane's web-site www.GreatDaneMowers.com. If you would like me to put you in contact with one of my distributor salesman, please provide me with a phone number where he can contact you. I'm confident, you will really like the Great Dane Chariot.

Please let me know if I can be any other assistance to you.

Regards,

JMJ

3. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

What's the point of being a paid sponsor on Lawnsite if all you are going to do is send people shopping? This is the second post where your "advice" is to contact a dealer.

I mean come on, you can't list one advantage your machine has over a comparable competitor's?

4. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 LawnSite Member

PUNISHER 1

MAYBEE I CAN GIVE SOME SIMPLE THOUGHTS ON THE TWO. THE FIRST THINGS THAT I NOTICE IS IN THE DECKS. BOTH ARE GOOD BUT THE DANE SEEMS TO HAVE MORE BEEF ALONG THE LINES OF A SCAG. A 19HP UNIT WEIGHS AROUND 1055 LBS, I'M NOT SURE WHAT THE EXMARK WEIGHS BUT ON A 19 HP UNIT IT MAKES IT VERY STABLE. THE NEXT THOUGHT IS CHARIOT WENT TO A SINGLE ONE PIECE FRAME. THE ADVATAGE TO THAT I BELIEVE IS IN LONG TIME DURABILITY AND AGAIN LESS PARTS INVOLVED IN THE CUTTING MACHINE. NEXT IS THE CONTROLS EITHER WRAP STYLE OR CENETR FIXED, IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL BUT YOU HAVE OPTIONS. I HAPPEN TO BE ON THE LARGER SIZE OF THE WEIGH SCALE SO THE CENTER CONTROLS FOR ME WORK OUT BETTER ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM BACKING UP PLENTY OF ROOM BETWEEN MY SPARE TIRE AND THE CONTROLS HA! ALSO WENT TO A PLASTIC SHUT WHICH IS BETTER THAN THE METAL OR WILL ABSORB THE BEATING THE UNIT WILL TAKE. LAST HAVING THE GAS TANK UNDER THE SEAT JUST ALLOWS MORE VISABILITY AND LESS STUFF UP WHERE YOU CONTROL THE UNIT. ITS A BIG SINGLE 8 GALLON TANK THAT IS HIDDEN I THINK IT JUST LOOKS BETTER. A 19 HP ENGINE ON THE 48 DECK HAS ALL THE MUSCLE THAT YOU WANT, WHEN YOU TEST DRIVE ONE IT FEELS LIKE YOU ARE ON A GO KART WHEN RUNNING ON PAVEMENT. HOPE THIS HELPS

5. punisher1

punisher1 LawnSite Member
    from NC

Thanks for the info, I appreciate your input. I do get tired of hearing go see the dealer and test drive a unit. I have been to dealers.I put more stock in hearing from guys who have first hand experience with the units. I would like to hear positives and negatives on both and I wonder how much difference 2 hp would make.

Thanks again,

6. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

RMDoyon:

When I’m making a BIG purchase such as this, I want to try before I buy. We have spent $1000’s of dollars on sponsored demonstrator programs such as the “Time Study Program” and demonstrator unit credits for our dealers. I can tell you all the great things about our products and then you will respond to me, “sure going to say that you’re the manufacture”. Why wouldn’t you want to go to your local Great Dane dealer and at no obligation demo a machine???

Thank You

JMJ

7. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

Of course we will all go visit a dealer before we buy. This question is not an end-stage sales inquiry it is a preliminary research question.

You have spent an unknown number of dollars sponsoring this forum. At least TRY to dazzle someone. This is YOUR forum.

I am just incredulous that you were given the opportunity to passionately and directly communicate to and influence over 10,000+ potential end users of your product uninterrupted, and you have nothing to say.