chariot vs. a turf tiger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danlawnser, Mar 31, 2001.

1. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

Which do you think has better hillside stability, does not tear the turf that bad, and is the Pto neccessary? Which is the best Great Dane Chariot or the Turf Tiger?
    I like the new bagger for the Turf Tiger. Also which type of steering do you like better: where the handle bars come down or the steering is between the legs?

2. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

I own a Chariot and a turf tiger and I say they are as equal as they get when it comes to stability on hills. The tiger doesn't seem to tear the grass like the chariot, but that's because It has a little wider tires in back. As far as the steering, I love the Chariot, it's so much more natural to me, just rest your forearms on your leg,and the controls are right there....but I must say, I think the turf tiger handles bumpy ground a little better, I had to buy a suspension seat on the chariot because it was bouncing me all over the place......All in all, it's like comparing red apples to green apples, there the same almost, it just boils down to personal perference

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Lot of Great Dane talk lately....

I really like the controls on the Chariot much better. As for bumpy not sure, most of the lawns I mow are fairly smooth. Some specs on the weight and such can be found at http://www.whitleylawnandgarden.com, they have good info on weight and engine options.

4. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have any exp. on the scags, but I love my chariot. The controls as said are very natural and it is very stable on hillsides. It sits very low. Great mower. My bro and myself will be constructing a striping kit for it tomorrow though not really necessary its a cool thing to have =-).

5. danlawnser

If you like the Chariot do you think it would be better to have a Jr. or the Charoit? I am mowing a lot of residentals.
    Kirby, do you think that the service is that good at Whitleys? The reason I ask is because is if I cannot get a deal at Whitleys I maybe should buy in Hickory.

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I've always had great service and support at Whitleys. I've only had one repair and they fixed it while I waited.

7. danlawnser

Thanks for the help Kirby. I might keep going to Whitleys. The only problem is that it is 2 hours away.