Chariots & Super Surfers

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by lrose2, Mar 10, 2003.

1. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

First of all, I'd like to welcome you to lawnsite. I am extremely excited about your sponsership as we use Great Dane products alot, thanks to our great dealer service in my area.

The first thing I would like to ask is why did you do away with the foot deck lift on the Chariots? It was very quick and convenient to just push your foot on that pedal and raise the lock the deck into its highest position for trailering, etc.

Number two - Is GD ever going to put a quick deck lock and release on the Super Surfer? I can't tell you how many Dane reps I've talked to about this over the years. Would like to see Dane have it before that other company!

2. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

Dear Larry,

Have you had a chance to try our deck lift system yet? We believe it's easier to lift the deck verses using the foot petal. No fear, we will soon be offering an option to install the foot pedal on our new Chariot and Chariot LX models however, considering your lifting a full 7-guage deck with no resistance our hand lift sysyem will surely be a winner for us in 2003!

Thanks for the tip on considering a system for the Super Surfers. We will surely look into it.

Have a great day!

3. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

Still waiting on the deck lock and release on the SS models. The foot deck control on the Chariot is not just for trailering purposes. You can lift the deck with your foot a couples inches or so when going over spots that have a tendency to scalp. That way you can keep both hands on the operator controls and keep right on truckin'. This should be standard equipment as it was and not an add on extra!