Charlotte area lawn service owners....

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Weird question, but I am looking for a LCO near me that might have a nice professional blade sharpener, that would let me come to their shop and sharpen a set or two of blades on.

I have used a bench grinder for years, and then now a days I clamp the blades in a vise and use a hand grinder, but I have been unsatisfied with either approach, and considering buying a dedicated blade sharpener.... but I want to try one before buying.

If it takes a 12 pack of beer to make this happen, let me know what you drink and I will be happy to stop at the Circle K!!! :waving:

2. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Nobody here wants to share their blade sharpener?

How about I sweeten the deal up by also offering to bring you your choice of any Extra Value meal on the menu at McDonalds!

3. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Ron,
    Would love to help out, but I like you, still do it the old fashioned way. Bench grinder and a good eye. Good luck trying to find someone. There is a guy in Stallings (Hemby Bridge) that will do blades on his grinder for nearly nothing. It's Vinny's Mower Service. This guy is good. I've taken everything from mowers to edgers to trimmers in for repair and he has never failed me yet! Very reasonably priced!! His number is 704-882-9840.

Gotta run,
    Jeff

4. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Heck man, I just wanted to try one of those dedicated blade sharpeners before shelling out 300$ or more bucks. I am going to try one more cheap alternative and get a handheld belt sander and try that....

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want to come to Jacksonville, NC your welcome to try it. I like the bench grinder better myself but thats just me. I bought one new (Oregon brand) off ebay for $150 shipped.

6. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Thanks, but that is a hell of a trip to try out a blade sharpener!!! Would cost more in gas to see you than to just buy a sharpener!!! thanks though! :)