Charlotte, NC newb

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by R Q, Feb 4, 2009.

1. R Q

R Q LawnSite Member

My company, Queen Landscapes Inc. has been around since '87, I've been in the business since high school...'78-'81
    I used to do everything with 4-7 employees but have scaled back now because they are such a pain in the ...
    I work for some high end businesses and homeowners who I have dealt with for over 20 years.
    Hi all!

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to Lawnsite! I look forward to speaking with you.

3. AnthonyStanley11

AnthonyStanley11 LawnSite Member

Welcome to the site...I am looking to move to Charlotte, how is the weather there usually?

4. tattooedturf

tattooedturf LawnSite Member

:hammerhead::hammerhead:
    What's up R Q. I own Green View L & L ( Indian Trail N.C.) I understand the pain in the... comment. I remember when it was just me. Life was so simple then!

5. R Q

R Q LawnSite Member

You're Rob? that used to do the BB&T at MTP? I do everything around that bank.:laugh:

6. R Q

R Q LawnSite Member

Weather is usually great. We don't get enough rain days to get our office work done:laugh: But temps are usually mild in winter and get a little hot in the summer.Humidity is bad so I'm told. I've never lived anywhere else.

7. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Silver Member

Yea, the daytime temps are 25 degrees one week...and 72 degrees the next. If you don't like the weather...just wait a minute. :)

8. tattooedturf

tattooedturf LawnSite Member

Yup, I used to do 17 BB&Ts. they switched to a company out of Florida who sub contracted to local LCOs. Their reason was so they would only have to cut one check a month(to the company out of Florida).I know 2 other companies who we given the boot as well. The people in the glass towers only see numbers on paper. I still do work for some of the branch managers homes and you should hear some of the horror stories. I just chuckle when I drive by and see the condition of the branches. Are you the Co. who takes care of the Med. offices next door? I'll stop by and say hello sometime.I also take care of the Oncology center across the street. Small world huh!

9. R Q

R Q LawnSite Member

Yep that's me!
    I see you up at Fullwood animal clinic some too, it's near my house.
    Stop on by sometime.

10. AFH Sod

AFH Sod LawnSite Member

Hello, my name is Emily. I work for AFH-Greenview Sod Farm in Mooresville, NC. AFH has been serving the area for 13 years, however it has been under new management for the past 7 years. If you get a chance, come by the farm and take a look.