charlotte NC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by economiclawncare, Sep 20, 2004.

1. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

i would like to know how the market is in charlotte. was there this past weekend and i am thinking about moving there. Homes are so cheap but anyways i saw alot of big lawns how much do yall get paid for 1/4 acre and an acre. an is there a lot of comp b.c here in va beach when you pull up to a stop light you see atleast on other company in sight, but down there i did not see that many.

2. economiclawncare

can anybody tell me something about charlotte

3. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd also be interested in that info. Wasn't Kirby (old school lawn site) from down there? Try a search (yada yada yada)....

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not sure what you are calling "cheap" housing unless you are comparing it to NYC but I would assume not since you are in VA but if you saw such in Charlotte then you were in the HOOD! A Decent home will be least $150K and up and that won't get you much probably about 2K Sq Ft. As to LCO's they are just like where you are now, on every corner. The average lawn is probably the same as here and in Raleigh at about $35.

6. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

Well I have 12 accounts in charlotte and I am getting anywhere from 35-70 bucks a yard.

7. economiclawncare

yeah 150k is cheap compared to va beach where that same house would cost about 210k and up. it is crazy here i cant afford to buy a new home here. but $35 is what the going rate is here for anything up to 1/4 arce. thanks for info. by the way i look at a new model today and it was 309k and it was only 2k sq ft so anything is better then here.

8. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

150 k is super cheap, here you couldn't buy a rat infested shack on fire for less than 350-400k. I'm goin'..............

9. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Drive time must be 1+ hr each way from Winston to Charlotte. Is it worth it??

10. MWE

MWE LawnSite Member
    from NC

I live near Charlotte and comp is VERY thick. Its amazing how many companies are in the grass business.