Chasing Money Down!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrbenfer, Aug 2, 2003.

1. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Once again i'm off collecting this months payment. Spending my free time collecting hard earned money gets real old real fast and i'm about to take drastic measures to get paid on time!

I think because i'm 17 people dont feel the need to rush there check in the mail so I get it before the end of the month. I too have bills to pay!

I'm trying to think of some ways to get people to pay on-time and in some cases to just flat out pay me. I'm looking for replies that include the words REPO or MIDNIGHT RUN. Maybe i'm going over the edge here but this month i had to reach into my savings to pay my storage bill and that is unacceptable!

whew, glad I got that out of my system.

Mitch,

2. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I can't help with the REPO or MIDNIGHT RUN. Try writing on your invoices something like: "It would be greatly appreceated if all payments would be received by the 15th of each month. I trust you understand my position, as I have monthly payments also. Thank you for understanding."

Maybe you have already tried this?? Try and make them feel guilty.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, i have some unique collection tactics, laugh if u will, but ive recovered every single penny without having to go to court.

4. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ok, later, right now i have to go out and cut. but, i will accept no responsibility if u end up in prison

6. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

HAHA... :D

I must cut also....

7. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

I ended that collection problem last year by going to prepay only, it is due on the 1st of the service month no pay, no mow

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

on all my bills at bottom pay upon receirp late charge 2% bounced checks $35

9. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

I've owned rental property for several years and financed the sale myself on occasions. A technique I've used, God help me, is to call the persons work number when I know they are at lunch, etc. I intentially wind up talking to someone in their office. I tell the person to please have so- n- so call me because I haven't received his rent/mortgage payment yet. It has worked even when one guy wrote me a bad check and moved out of town. I found out where he was working, when he was a lunch. I happended to get his supervisor. I got a money order about a week later

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

GREAT IDEA:D