chat room, who's gonna invite me?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jan 1, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

bored, lets chat

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

i could use a storie

3. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby, I would love to chat, but when I try to download the AIM, page not found or experiencing difficulties. :angry:

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

same here . i'm waitin for jodi, or someone who can, to get us both in

5. mower_babe

technical difficulties, my azz. Bobby, I think it is a conspiracy. Ohh I know, lets talk here until they let us in. We will annoy them into letting us be part of the group. :p

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Is this a program that allows you to actually speak to each other, or does it put you in a messenger type format where you type back and forth?

The reason I ask, is because, being a hardcore pc gamer, I have a few programs that allow you to speak to one another through the pc for free. All you need is a sound card and a microphone, and you can get a mic for $5.00-$10.00 at any best buy or something. One person hosts a session, then makes a post stating the IP (Address) and password for others to join. Works great in games, and also for chatting, troubleshooting, etc.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I can post where to download them and how to set them up. They are simple to use and the voice quality is very good.

~Nest

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Bobby,
    I did invite you. I tried 3 times, and you didn't show up.

8. mower_babe

Hi Elephant - it is always good to hear from you.

The situation we are talking about is the chat room that you access by going to the chatroom section below and it uses AOL Instant Messaging. The deal is, when I try to download AIM, to reinstall in my computer, since I had to reformat my hard drive and lost that, it won't let me download. Up pops a message of page not found or experiencing difficulties. Puzzling isn't it?