Lawn Care Forum banner

cheap commercial ztr

6K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  daveintoledo 
#1 ·
whats the cheapest commercial ztr that can have a bagger/blower collection system and will last a while? thanks

#27 ·
MountainMow said:
From what you posted, I think you'd be better off with a good walk behind and velke.
no i need somthing good for fall clean ups because i dont have much equiptment for fall clean ups, but now since i got a truck loader its gonna be easier.

#28 ·
zim bob the landscaper said:
i was thinking cub tanks m48 or the gravely 148Z which i was gonna get or maybe the 144Z. i dont know if the lescos are worth that much i havnt heard much good things about them. was also thinking go used for now. then i thought get a high class resi like a fastrack. im not totally sure what my buget is right now.
high class resi = crap

just finished patching my deck in multiple places (cub rzt 50), 250 hrs on it. granted i live in a sandy area, but it is just not built strong enough.

#30 ·
Brendan Smith said:
high class resi = crap

just finished patching my deck in multiple places (cub rzt 50), 250 hrs on it. granted i live in a sandy area, but it is just not built strong enough.
the cub RZT 50 is not high class resi. they are just for homeowners. the fastrack has a commercial warranty on it. also the deck isnt stamped either.

#31 ·
Green King said:
For the MONEY how about a Country Clipper Jazee PRO! Kohler engine Articulating mower deck good warranty!
how much is it?

#33 ·
TWUllc said:
If you dont have much money to spend, I'd buy a WB with the trac vac attachment.
already tried to talk my dad and brother into it. not gonna work.

#34 ·
already tried to talk my dad and brother into it. not gonna work.
then tell them to cough up the cash:laugh: . I wouldn't touch a ZTR unless i had at least 35-40 customers. Why not wait for a bit, like others have said, get a WB, like the quick 36, or a scag 48", I know a ZTR is appealing, not to mention fun, but it seems you would be getting in a little over your head. keep your current setup until it's on it's last leg, err i mean wheel, then buy new stuff, just make sure you know what ahead of time. save some money up.

is this your landscaping opperation? your fathers? or all three?

#35 ·
mike lane lawn care said:
then tell them to cough up the cash:laugh: . I wouldn't touch a ZTR unless i had at least 35-40 customers. Why not wait for a bit, like others have said, get a WB, like the quick 36, or a scag 48", I know a ZTR is appealing, not to mention fun, but it seems you would be getting in a little over your head. keep your current setup until it's on it's last leg, err i mean wheel, then buy new stuff, just make sure you know what ahead of time. save some money up.

is this your landscaping opperation? your fathers? or all three?
all three of us but we need to agree on somthing. the thing is ive already tried to say WB they want a ztr. im not sure what to think ide love to get a Q36 but i dont know the bagging on walkbehinds suck big time. i bag alot so i would thing a ztr would be better instead of lifting a 30 pund bagg all the time.

#36 ·
all three of us but we need to agree on somthing. the thing is ive already tried to say WB they want a ztr. im not sure what to think ide love to get a Q36 but i dont know the bagging on walkbehinds suck big time. i bag alot so i would thing a ztr would be better instead of lifting a 30 pund bagg all the time.
they make trac-vacs for WB's a rubermaid barrel with a 5Hp grass pump, it bags really well, i've seen and used them. the one i used shortly was a gravely 48" or so with the tra-vac, and it picked up all the wet leaves you could throw at it.

#37 ·
I personally don't understand the fasination that many have with Hustler's FasTrak. Granted I haven't actually operated one, but I have seen one up close (walked around, sat on, and looked under it) and I wasn't impressed. Specificly, here's what didn't impress me:
1. Small drive tires.
2. Small discharge opening.
3. Twin hydrostatic (IZT) not dual path hydro.
4. Honda engine - I realize Honda makes some darn fine engines, but when one compares torque curves, especially to Kawasaki, they've got a ways to go.
5. Deck, despite being fabricated and the lifetime leading edge warranty, looked light and flimsy.

Keeping in mind that I realize it still has "small" tires, in this class of ZTR (Twin IZT, high-end homeowner), I would have to give the nod to Husky's EZ5221 based upon:
1. 21hp Kawasaki with Donaldson filter
2. Not sure but I think the deck is heavier (might be wrong there. It would be nice to get the two machines sitting side-by-side)
3. Slightly faster blade tip speed

All that said, I wouldn't really want anybody's high-end homeowner model with the exception of maybe DC's LT series. With a true dual path hydro, high hp engines, and the same 50" and 60" decks that their big brothers use, they are really more a low-end commercial series. Hence my decision to not compare it to the Hustler nor Husky.

#38 ·
I disagree that one always gets what one pays for. In life, we often get less, or more, than we expected from a purchase. Some machines prove to be overpriced in relation to their features and quality while others are just the opposite. Besides representing quality, prices also reflect economies of manufacturing scale, managerial competence or its lack, distance from buyer, etc.

#39 ·
Lazer_Z said:
Damn, That thing has to be near the end of it's use full life at that price.

Rob
I think what happens at this time of year, is all the fly-by-nighters jump of the train and start selling because they are losing too much business and can't afford the payment! I had a friend in FL pick up a 1 year old Exmark hydro walkbehind for around 2800 - 3000.00, the guy was desperate to get some cash.

#40 ·
I use a Cub Commercial M48KHS as a homeowner who mows four 1-3 acre yards after work or weekends for family members. This mower was removed from the Commercial line but was considered commercial when I bought it. I would like to think my complaints to Cub Cadet helped accomplish this. Though I'm not real thrilled with this machine, I am very aware of the value of the time saved using a Z. The yards I mow are rough, too rough for anything less as far as a Z goes. The frame of this M48 is tough and the pivoting front axle helps when you hit those holes. As far as bagging, I doubt if this Cub or the current 50" Z would be able to fill a bagger without some kind of boost. I think they missed the boat on the design of the 48" stamped deck and doubt if the 50" is better. Instead of raking, I windrow leaves, then back over them. It does a great job of mulching when you keep the rows low enough to back over them. As far as the value of the mower, I didn't save enough on this one to justify the lower quality. Hopefully the full fledged Commercial Cubs are better.

#41 ·
djwats said:
I use a Cub Commercial M48KHS as a homeowner who mows four 1-3 acre yards after work or weekends for family members. This mower was removed from the Commercial line but was considered commercial when I bought it. I would like to think my complaints to Cub Cadet helped accomplish this. Though I'm not real thrilled with this machine, I am very aware of the value of the time saved using a Z. The yards I mow are rough, too rough for anything less as far as a Z goes. The frame of this M48 is tough and the pivoting front axle helps when you hit those holes. As far as bagging, I doubt if this Cub or the current 50" Z would be able to fill a bagger without some kind of boost. I think they missed the boat on the design of the 48" stamped deck and doubt if the 50" is better. Instead of raking, I windrow leaves, then back over them. It does a great job of mulching when you keep the rows low enough to back over them. As far as the value of the mower, I didn't save enough on this one to justify the lower quality. Hopefully the full fledged Commercial Cubs are better.
yes you get what you pay for, but i got the cub 50 tank from my dealer used , he used it a few times on his yard, payed little more then half price with the warrenty of three years included...

this machine keeps up with my toro z 450 in almost every way.... with 575 hours on it this year, and i have no problem bagging during fall cleanups, in some pretty thick crap too.....

these are way different machines then the homeowners model fast track..... doesnt even compare....

geat mower, no problems and like i said has no problem with cut quality , speed, or dependibility in comparison to my toro z :)

no such thing as a cheap commercial z, be prepared to pay at least 5 grand or way more, simple as that, dont bother with the lowes and tractor supply crap,,,,,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.