Lawn Care Forum banner

cheap commercial ztr

6K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  daveintoledo 
#1 ·
whats the cheapest commercial ztr that can have a bagger/blower collection system and will last a while? thanks

#2 ·
The best value I know of is the Lesco Z 2. You can get them with a few hundred hours on them for in between 3500 n 4000. They are good for 6899 but even better for 3500 with little hours. For whatever reason they have horrible resale and are exceptible machines that use quality parts.

Ask Envy he is the expert on them and he will tell you they compete with mowers in the 10,000 $ range in operation and quality.

#6 ·
Your gonna get what you pay for. What size deck are you looking for? What size engine? The blower price is going to vary but a cheap new ztr will probably run you $5500-$7200 or so.

#8 ·
i was thinking cub tanks m48 or the gravely 148Z which i was gonna get or maybe the 144Z. i dont know if the lescos are worth that much i havnt heard much good things about them. was also thinking go used for now. then i thought get a high class resi like a fastrack. im not totally sure what my buget is right now.

#9 ·
how many clients? what is your gross weekly/monthly income? What are your expenses(fuel, insuarnce, maint) per month? these are important questions to help us figure out how much you can afford. you can take out a financing on it, with your dad. PM me if you don't want post numbers.

#11 ·
mike lane lawn care said:
how many clients? what is your gross weekly/monthly income? What are your expenses(fuel, insuarnce, maint) per month? these are important questions to help us figure out how much you can afford. you can take out a financing on it, with your dad. PM me if you don't want post numbers.
Its up to him to decide what his budget is... On paper I couldn't afford a Z (had $ in bank, but not enough revenue to justify it), but in my plans and direction i'm taking the business with new work lined up, I could easily drop the cash for one.

#12 ·
zim bob the landscaper said:
i was thinking cub tanks m48 or the gravely 148Z which i was gonna get or maybe the 144Z. i dont know if the lescos are worth that much i havnt heard much good things about them. was also thinking go used for now. then i thought get a high class resi like a fastrack. im not totally sure what my buget is right now.
A Lesco is a Tank same mower, used they are the best deal going. I saw one sell on Ebay with only 10 hours full warranty for 4400$. It was a 60 25 Kawie and for the money are good.

#13 ·
I bought a cub from home depot thinking the new guys could learn on them and abuse them anyway they like and it s on my trailer when I cut now. I love that little thing. With the exception of the odd backfire when you stop it and restart it too soon, she purrrrrrssss like a kitten and takes a beating as good as a cheatin housewife <---bad joke.

#14 ·
mike lane lawn care said:
i have 10 now which i hope to get 20 more which will bring me up to 30. also i dont think i can relay on my craftsman and bunton that much more. monthly income id say about $800 just lawn mowing. nor much but goos enough to pay bills. and my expences a month would be $200. for fuel, oil, air filters, ect. i would like to get one during the winter or early spring. with the bagger. which would add $1500 i got qouted $6499 on the 148Z and $1399 on the pump assist bagger.

#16 ·
i would like to go commercial because i dont want to get another peice of equipment for a long time. also i thought the fastrack was a residential.

#17 ·
Keep an eye on the used market and you can come up with some very good deals. Try to look for a commercial unit used by a homeowner.

But I sure would not want to buy a ZTR with only $600 a month income (after gas expenses). Unless you come across a deal that is too good to turn down I would wait until you 100% have those other 20 accounts you want.

#18 ·
Eurosport said:
Keep an eye on the used market and you can come up with some very good deals. Try to look for a commercial unit used by a homeowner.

But I sure would not want to buy a ZTR with only $600 a month income (after gas expenses). Unless you come across a deal that is too good to turn down I would wait until you 100% have those other 20 accounts you want.
thats really good advice thanks also ill get the want ad. and also look on craigs list. im prbably gonna advertise with the money i get from clean ups and then with the money from snowplowing get the ztr.

#19 ·
I never did cipher out whether or not you willing to go with a used unit, but anyway...

Right now is a great time to pick up nice, fairly new used stuff... some guys getting out, end of season, etc..

So with that in mind, simply check your local paper(s) and the net for used mowers that are reasonably close to you.... then check back in with us to tell what you have found.
You just might come up with a highend mower for cheap.

#21 ·
I just checked my local For Sale paper and saw a 60" Exmark Lazer for $3500. Have been seeing these type of deals for the past few weeks. So like someone else mentioned, check your local papers for the used equipment, now is the time for deals.

#22 ·
Grits said:
I just checked my local For Sale paper and saw a 60" Exmark Lazer for $3500. Have been seeing these type of deals for the past few weeks. So like someone else mentioned, check your local papers for the used equipment, now is the time for deals.
Damn, That thing has to be near the end of it's use full life at that price.

Rob

#23 ·
ALarsh said:
Cheap + long lasting = contradiction.
I'm not going to even read any further, because I knew someone would beat me to it, and I agree completely.

#25 ·
MattsMowing3535 said:
huslter fasttrack may be residentail but it is the best residentail out there it is basicly a low end commercail. best deal for the money. and with the few lawns you have it would work fine.
yes i just looked at the price averages in the hustler sponsor forum. i like the price of this mower and looks pretty decent mower also the bagger is not like $1000 so this would be a good mower to look into. thanks for all the input u guys really helped me out.:waving:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.